May Steering Committee Meeting Minutes

Meeting called to order:

6:35PM

Introductions: Camille, Melissa, Ed, Ivan, Jo, Phil, Jessica, Jose

6: 45 Financials: Jose

  • Jae reported: As of April 24th we had 1,700 (TCF),
  • Issues: Paypal, only a 500 withdrawal a month, 300 in the account now
  • Push for dues
  • Asking for a button to just donate money to the DNO.

6:49: Banners: Phil

  • Filled our quota of banners:
    • List of businesses that bought banners available on Google Drive
  • Hit hard for the month to get more business banners
  • Target date to install banners by June 30th
  • Send press release to Shyla
  • Checks will be mailed to Jose
  • 3, 351 will be enough to cover once it’s cleared for the first 16 banner revenue

Reed/dunning TIF: 7:08pm  Ed

  • Hoping to get some changes to the TIF so they can consider previous goals
  • Nick felt the changes could be met at later times
  • 40-60 million in TIF funds, we want to be on the same page for what we are backing for

Public School, Irving Park and Oak Park (NW corner)

  • Preservation of nature (consider)
  • Start a blog for the TIF to hear opinions (Everyblock Chicago)
  • Writing a position paper for the next meeting and finding out how supportive Friends of the Park are
  • Get them to our meeting to talk about the conservation area

 

Movies in the Park at dusk:

  • July 19:  Goonies
  • August 29: Ferris Bueller’s day off
  • Selling the glow in the dark necklaces ($1) before and during the movie
  • Melissa, Camile, and Theresa would walk around to sell the necklaces
  • Ed and Theresa will co-chair the booth
  • Merrimac park is doing movies in the park, we should get to know them
  • Sell the necklaces Ebay 600 for $50

-- June 24 agenda:

The agenda for the June 24 Neighbors meeting was drafted as follows:

1. Introductions

2. Springfield report from State Rep. Rob Martwick (Ed B. to invite)

3. TIF 101 (Kamil to recruit speaker)

4. Dunning Block Party (Melissa Kaszynksi)

5. El Ancla restaurant presentation (Ed B. to invite)

6. Questions & Announcements

--New Business

Phil Garofalo related how State Rep. Rob Martwick recognized him as their constituent of the month. He was profiled in Martwick's latest email blast with the profile noting his involvement in the DNO, the banner sales and the Shabbona Sharks swim team. Ed B. will attempt to get a weblink for the email so we can promote this recognition on our social media.

Mary and Dennis Joyce arrived in the later part of the meeting. Mary expressed a concern about the safety of pedestrian crossing at unsignaled intersections on busy streets such as Addison. She wanted to know how to get the "pedestrian crossing" signs that are posted in the middle of the street. She was encouraged to check with Ald. Sposato and to mention that it was discussed at our board meeting. She will report back at the next board meeting.

The next board meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, June 9, at The Brewery, 3848 N Harlem Ave

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meeting Date: 

Tuesday, May 19, 2015